Collect

Collect for the Fourth Sunday after Trinity

O God, the protector of all that trust in thee, without whom nothing is strong, nothing is holy: increase and multiply upon us thy mercy; that, thou being our ruler and guide, we may so pass through things temporal, that we finally lose not the things eternal; grant this, O heavenly Father, for the sake of Jesus Christ thy Son our Lord, who liveth and reigneth with thee, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, ever one God, world without end. Amen.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Music: The Irrepressibles

Every time I listen to this song I'm simply bowled over by it. If you have not encountered The Irrepressibles before, you're welcome.


These are the lyrics. I think. It's hard to tell in a couple spots.

Show me your reasons to fight
The new world tonight
I will be here by your side
So true
'Cause I can see truth from my eyes
They blinded me with rules from when I was a child
'Cause all around the vain ones decide
The ways in which we live our lives

Show me the truth that you hide
The world needs to know
That there'll be no sacrifice
The love we share has to grow
Take off that burden that burden that was set
There'll be no miracles to make you fit
And look deep into my eyes
You'll see the truth you long to find

And we'll breathe
I'll dream
We'll scream
Louder so we'll be seen

Show me the tears that you cry
Some problems can cut deep inside
But I believe there's ways to climb
Out into another time

And we'll breathe
I'll dream
We'll scream
Louder so we'll be seen

Ah, ah, ah, ah

Breathe

Dream

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so I finally stopped to listen to this (iPhone doesn't always like your embedded videos). I was bowled over. It wasn't Pinkie Pie's "Smile" song, however.

    ReplyDelete